Capital Vacations strives for the best!
Our mission is to deliver perfect vacations to our members and guests. Capital Vacations is a vacation ownership company that provides today’s traveler with a fresh perspective through our commitment, excellent customer service, and endless opportunities. Capital Vacationsdevelops vacation ownership resorts, markets and sells vacation ownership interests, and provides a full range of management services for resort owners associations.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, including proper supporting documentation
- Prepares general ledger balance reconciliations by comparing month-end balances to appropriate support, and timely resolves all outstanding issues
- Willingness and ability to learn complex new tasks
- Familiarity and comfort with complex spreadsheets and understanding of Excel formulas (and ability to use such methods for analysis)
- Maintains and organizes and updated task checklist, which is of particular importance during close
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines, including working on weekends if needed to meet deadlines
- Maintains effective communication with all members of the team, including Accounts Payable and others, in order to properly execute responsibilities (e.g., accruals, prepaids)
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and recommending courses of action
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information, converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality with all information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Focus on continual improvement and positive views of feedback
- All other duties as requested