Opportunity for career advancement in a fast paced, growth-oriented Organization.
Below are just some of the benefits you'll receive!
• Competitive Salary
• Paid time off
• Career growth
• Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
• Enthusiastic team environment
• Travel Perks to all our Resort locations
The Maintenance Technician III maintains and manages the upkeep of the resort, amenities, and activities while ensuring a safe and well-ordered environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities listed may not apply to all locations
- Accountable for the safe and efficient maintenance of the resort through effective supervision of maintenance staff
- Safely performs highly complex repairs of the physical property, electrical, plumbing and mechanical equipment, air conditioners, refrigeration and pool heaters
- Troubleshoots and performs repairs on all types of equipment; pump/motor replacement, plumbing, HVAC equipment, electrical equipment, cosmetic items, etc.
- Solves complex maintenance problems and is capable of rapid decision-making
- Implements maintenance plans with consideration of budgetary constraints
- Supervises and inspects overall activities of the maintenance staff as required, ensuring all methods, materials, and practices meet company standards as well as Federal and State guidelines
- Trains, mentors and monitors the development of all staff
- Schedules and performs routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
- Completes work orders and daily projects reported by the front desk and otherwise assigned during shift
- Follows up on maintenance technicians’ jobs to ensure quality of work
- Assists in assigning duties to all employees
- Performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of resort buildings and units, including carpentry, plumbing, filter maintenance, and light fixture maintenance
- Maintains swimming pool
- Performs all other duties as assigned
General Statement - Performs the job assigned, complying with Company policies and procedures, business code of ethics, FLSA regulations, and all applicable laws, as well as ensuring confidentiality, reliability, quality, and productivity.
Education, Essential Training / Certifications, and Experience:
- High School diploma/GED
- Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in Facility Management is preferred
- Experience in supervisory-level resort maintenance
- Three(3) to five(5) years of experience in building and facilities maintenance
- HVAC certification preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification
- Hazardous material handling training within six (6) months of hire date
- Three(3) years of experience in the care, maintenance, and repair of large, commercial, or public swimming pools and associated equipment and facilities.
- Valid Driver’s License
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations and lock-out procedures
- Proficiency in air condition and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical and plumbing; hotel/resort industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and power tools and the ability to use them, such as ladder, hammer, power drill, etc.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Flexible schedule; ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Shift: Additional hours may be necessary to complete task, goals, meet deadlines or handle emergencies
- Regular Hours, On-Call, and Weekend