Must be available on Weekends & Holidays
Nonexempt - Fulltime
Pay Rate: $22 per hour
To participate and assist in supervising other maintenance tech employees in the daily operation of the maintenance department. To ensure excellence in owner/guest vacation experiences through timely and quality job performance in maintenance requests and special projects.
- Abides by established policies, procedures, and departmental house rules, safety rules, grooming codes, and security procedures.
- Constantly strive to expand his/her knowledge and abilities through assistance to and instruction from others.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing detailed reports on failures, caused and recommended remedial action.
- Stays in communication with supervisor and /or front desk while on property via pages, radio, telephone, and/or personal appearance.
- Makes sure that all equipment and tools are maintained in a clean and workable condition.
- Binds the resort with the authority to accept deliveries of supplies and maintains an inventory of supplies in the storage area.
- Exercises correct safety measures when using any equipment and tools. Stores them properly with finished.
- Take after-hour calls from the answering service for maintenance and other related resort issues when on call.
1. Perform Quality maintenance repairs and installations of all areas of building and property maintenance.
- Identify project requirements.
- Create a plan for completing repair and securing necessary materials and tools.
- Perform repairs and installations correctly and completely with confidence and requisite speed.
- Clean up as job progresses and reduce demand upon housekeeping staff detailed clean.
2. Employee Supervision and Development.
- Assume a leadership role in the maintenance department in the absence of the chief engineer and/or as assigned by the chief engineer or resort manager.
- Identify project requirements.
- Make assignments of necessary maintenance tech personnel
- Attend to the supervision of maintenance techs assigned giving guidance and instruction on completing tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Mentor maintenance tech personnel by teaching them the proper method for completing all tasks assigned. Secure additional support for self and maintenance techs from other sources such as chief engineers, industry classes, and other instruction.
3. Complete the corrective repairs or replacements necessary to maintain units and resort property in excellent condition.
- Perform daily guest service calls
- Perform daily housekeeping work orders reported
- Perform and supervise all special projects assigned
- Personally, identify areas of need and perform corrective repairs without requiring instruction to do so.
- Always be aware of liter and other materials around the property that requires disposal and remove same.
4. Budget Controls and Financial Management
- Provide expert care to all tools.
- Maintain inventory of tools and return them to proper storage locations daily.
- Purchase supplies and materials as directed using best effort to secure the best price for quality
- Utilize time on the job efficiently providing the association with quality labor and the greatest quantity of work accomplished each day.
5. Effective communication shall be maintained.
- Provide complete, accurate, and beneficial communication to all employees and management concerning all areas of responsibility.
- Complete written inspection of work performed as required.
6. Owner Satisfaction
- Maintain and require excellence in all services provided to members, guests, and fellow employees.
- Complete repairs requested by housekeeping completely and accurately.
- Complete repairs requested by guests quickly and completely.
- Interact with guests on-site by greeting them and having eye contact. Speak kindly to them and listen to their requests and comments without judgment.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
Minimum Education required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience required:
- 2+ years in a related field
- Mush have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Maintain units at property
- Updated on Safety Training
- Service HVAC units at property