Opportunity for career advancement in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization!
Below are just some of the benefits you'll receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Career Growth
- Medical/Dental with employer contribuition
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability, and Aflac Insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and long term disability
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Travel Perks to Resort Locations
- Company Perks Program
What are you motivated by?:
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated General Manager to join our team. The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operations at the Resort regarding day-to-day staff management and guests. Our General Manager is an ambassador for Capital Vacations, providing leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture that emphasizes optimizing operations and guest satisfaction. The General Manager works very closely with our Owners and Board Members.
What you're great at:
- Overseeing the operations functions of the Resort
- Processing and submitting payroll to Human Resources
- Holding regular briefings and meetings with all heads of departments. Oversees and manages all departments and works closely with department heads daily. Is accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and takes ownership of all guest complaints. Steps in and performs any task or covers any department as necessary, including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
- Ensuring full compliance with Resort Operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures, and service standards
- Leads all key property issues, including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment
- Handles complaints and oversees service recovery procedures
- Is responsible for the preparation, presentation, and subsequent achievement of the resort's Annual Operating Budget, Marketing and Sales Plan, and Capital Budget. Manages ongoing profitability of the Resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded. Delivers resort budget goals and sets other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property. Develops improvement actions and carries out cost savings
- Ensures all decisions made are in the best interest of the Resort and Management
- Maintains a strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Ensures the monthly financial outlooks for the Resort are on target and accurate. Prepares monthly financial reporting for the Owners and Board Members. Draws up plans and budget (revenue, costs, etc.) for Owners
- Provides effective leadership to all Resort Team Members
- Responds to audits to ensure continual achieved improvement
- Is responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations (both internal & external audits). Is responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & SafetyAct, fire regulations, and other legal requirements
- Is available to travel on company business to assist in offsite training support and or New Business transitions if needed (average 1-2-week assignments)
Responsibilities listed may not include all tasks or apply to all resort locations, an official job description will be provided and signed on the first day of employment.
Capital Vacations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and support an inclusive workplace!
Here’s what you can expect: At Capital Vacations we are united by a common purpose of “Travel. Gather. Smile. Repeat.” We pride ourselves on bringing our passion, innovation, and boldness to travel, enriching the lives of those we serve. We encourage you to join our team and help us in fulfilling our purpose. If this opportunity excites you, and if you have the following qualifications, we invite you to apply for our team:
Here’s what you have already achieved:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Hospitality OR equivalent industry job-related experience
- Experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager preferred
- Experience within the hospitality industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven strong leadership skills. Ability to manage, direct, and complete assigned duties. Excellent computer skills, Mircosoft Office Suite abilities. Ability to prioritize, manage, and delegate efficiently.
- The ability to have a flexible schedule