Job description: Resort Area Maintenance Tech – Part-time
This position is responsible for maintenance services in a resort condo hospitality location with year-round guests located in the beautiful mountain area of Eden, Utah. Successful candidate will serve owners and guests in accordance with Company standards for guest satisfaction, quality, teamwork, records, cash management, cleanliness, safety and security.
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining the Resort’s physical facilities and common areas, and outdoor areas including snow removal using plows and equipment, as well as shovels. We offer a great team atmosphere, an employee ride service, and a year-round variety of work you will enjoy.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair experience.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- On occasion is required climb up and down ladders.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may also require fine dexterity skills.
- Must be able periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time, to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 65 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance.
- ALL weather conditions WILL be experienced. Environment may include exposure to allergens, fumes, chemicals and molds. (Please Note: Powder Ridge Village is located at 8,900 ft above sea level. This can aggravate existing breathing issues.)
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretion skills and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license if required to operate Resort vehicles.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other general maintenance functions.
- Perform snow removal in all areas of the resort in winter months, using resort equipment and shovels. Maintain ice-free entryways for guests.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform repair and maintenance on Resort equipment, including oiling and lubricating motors, replacing fan belts, and small engine support.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, small appliances, etc.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, including adherence to the work order process.
- Clean and maintain the Resort areas, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, dumpster, building exteriors, and all other aspects pertaining to the Resort’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Report requests for major repairs to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or any other area of the Resort.
- Respond to guest’s requests for immediate repairs. Report completion of same.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
- Assist other employees in various assignments, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry.
- Operating the Resort employee shuttle. Maintain good driving record.
- Make recommendations for improvements to General Manager and Maintenance Supervisor as appropriate.
Safety and Security
- Re-key, replace and repair door locks as required.
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with applicable regulations
- Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with Resort procedures.
- Participate in random drug testing and driving record review when requested.
- Participate in health and safety trainings and team meetings, including training on pool maintenance and chemical testing when requested.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour