When you sign up and use the Capital Vacations, LLC rental website, you
provide us with certain information voluntarily. This includes your:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number, or other payment data
- Travel Itinerary, tour group, or activity data
- Prior guest stays or interactions
- Geolocation information
- Social media account ID, profile photo, and other data publically available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts
Additionally, in more limited circumstances, we also may collect data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children, biometric data, such as digital images, and video and audio data via:
- Security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties; and
- Body-worn cameras carried by our loss prevention officers and other security personnel; and
- Guest preferences, inquiries, comments, and any other personalized data ("Personal Preferences"), such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services, and amenities that you advise us about or that we learn about during your visit.
The items set forth in this paragraph are referred to collectively as "Personal Data".
By accessing and using this website, you authorize Capital Vacations, LLC and its affiliates to use your Personal Data and Personal Preferences to provide you with rental, timeshare marketing, and sales services, to develop new offerings, and to protect Capital Vacations and our guests as detailed below (collectively, the "Services").
We use Personal Data and Personal Preferences for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
Provide services you request, including:
- To facilitate reservations, payments, send administrative information, confirmations, or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with meetings, and events, and to provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit;
- To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your room is available and provide you with related customer service; and
- To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in making a reservation, we use that email address to send you a copy of your bill. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person's bill will be emailed to you, as well. You can opt-out of receiving your bill via email and instead receive a paper copy by contacting the front desk.
- We will use Personal Data and Personal Preferences to manage our contractual relationship with you because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Personalize services according to your Personal Preferences:
- Customize your experience according to your Personal Preferences; and
- Present offers tailored to your Personal Preferences.
- We will use Personal Data and Personal Preferences to provide personalized Services according to your Personal Preferences either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Communicate with you about goods and services according to your Personal Preferences:
- Send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research, or quality assurance surveys
- We will use Personal Data and Personal Preferences to communicate with you with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Offer and manage your participation in our loyalty programs, as well as others that are specific to certain properties or tailored to your interests;
- Send you offers, promotions, and information about your account status and activities;
- Assess your benefits;
- Administer points earned through co-branded credit cards; and
- Manage your choices regarding how you wish to earn, track and use your points.
- We will use Personal Data and Personal Preferences in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Sweepstakes, activities, events, and promotions:
- We use Personal Data and Personal Preferences to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules and may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
- We use Personal Data and Personal Preferences in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- We use Personal Data and Personal Preferences for data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including with the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- We use Personal Data and Personal Preferences in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- We do not sell or share Personal Data and Personal Preferences with any non-Capital Vacations’ affiliates or third-party providers of Services.