Commitment to Safety
New Guidelines for Those Fully Vaccinated
The CDC has released updated guidelines for those fully vaccinated. In general, the CDC considers the following criteria as fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine
Those who do not meet the above requirements, regardless of age, are not considered fully vaccinated by the CDC. Additionally, those with a condition or taking medications that weaken immune systems may not be fully protected even if fully vaccinated.
The CDC recommends the following for those fully vaccinated:
- You can resume activities you did before the pandemic.
- You can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- Traveling within the United States doesn't require testing before or after travel or self-quarantine.
Additionally, the following may apply to those traveling outside of the United States and fully vaccinated:
- You do not need to get tested before departing the United States unless the destination requires it.
- You need to show a negative test result or documentation of recovery of COVID-19 before boarding an international flight to the United States.
- You should still get testing 3-5 days after international travel.
- You do not have to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.
Information for Travelers
Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19.
Those fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States. Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested or self-quarantine before or after travel within the United States. Travels abroad must show a negative test result or documentation of recovery of COVID-19 before boarding an international flight to the United States.
Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely, including:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
- Stay 6 feet from others and avoid crowds
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
Travel Update from Capital Vacations
Capital Vacations leadership actively monitors the latest developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As the situation evolves, we will continue to provide updates as needed.
Your travel destination may be subject to state or local laws that require isolation or quarantine upon entry or other mandates such as wearing a face-covering while in public spaces. Ensure that you review any requirements before travel.
For concerns regarding upcoming reservations, please contact the Capital Vacations Owner Services team at 844-777-2582. Owner Services is available to assist Monday-Friday 9-7 pm ET and Saturday 10-5 pm ET.
We appreciate your patience as we are experiencing above-average call volume. We are working tirelessly to assist each of our valued owners as quickly as possible.