Opportunity for career advancement in a fast paced, growth-oriented Organization.
The Room Attendant promotes a positive image of the resort to our guests and Owners by providing a high level of cleanliness and customer service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities listed may not apply to all locations
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning
- Dusts the room and furniture, vacuums carpet and mops floors
- Cleans bathrooms, removing soil, dirt/soap build-up, and hair from the bathroom mirror, vanity, sink toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain, and floor
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies:facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location
- Cleans closets and door tracts on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris and ensuring the correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack
- Removes dirty bed linen and makes the bed with clean linen
- Performs rotation cleaning duties (e.g.,steam-clean carpets, spring cleaning, super cleaning, etc.) as required
- Performs minor maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs, filters, etc.
- Anticipates guests’ needs, responds promptly and acknowledges all guests, however busy and whatever time of day, maintaining positive guest relations at all times
- Is familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Attends to and resolves guest calls, guest requests, and guest complaints.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas
- Authorizes to enter in guestrooms for cleaning and providing turndown services as per requirement
- Follows the standard operating procedures
- Achieves and exceeds the guest satisfaction score
- Assists other team members, ready and available to step in at a moment notice
- Updates status of rooms cleaned on the assignment sheet
- Returns and restocks cart at the end of shift
- All other duties as assigned
General Statement - Performs the job assigned, complying with Company policies and procedures, business code of ethics, FLSA regulations, and all applicable laws, as well as ensuring confidentiality, reliability, quality, and productivity.
Education, Essential Training / Certifications, and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous hotel-related experience desired
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must have high energy with a passion for cleanliness
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy
- Maintains a desire to improve the quality of work
- Ability to maintain professional conduct at all times
- Flexible schedule, ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Shift: Additional hours may be necessary to accommodate the number of guest check-ins/outs
- Flexible Sundays and Thursday and other days negotiable.